Previous Posts Found Here

Friday, July 13, 2007

123...or 231

Hello everyone!

We have arrived in South Africa. Unfortunately I don't have much time...but I think you might want to know the right connection to the phone number for our daily phone updates through the church. Call with either the connection x321 or x123...I am not sure which one it is. I will update you with it in a while.

I just wanted tolet you know that I made it to South Africa. In fact, I am in Johanessburg right now. Unfortunately, half of our group hasnt made it yet. Our plane was cancelled in Flint and had to separate our group and fly out of Detroit and Lansing. I went to the Lansing flight....and because of bad weather in Atlanta, the others where not able to land in time to make the international flight...so to make a long story short, they are stuck in Atlanta...while the rest of us are in a 5-star luxury hotel in Johannesburg..The second half of our team will arive on Saturday morning.

Much love...we are having a great time here and am just about to board to Swaziland to carry out our mission. Also, I may have given you the wrong number for the "phone check-in" with the church. Use extension x321 instead of x231. I hope this makes sense. Write back if you can. I love you all!

Derek

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:55 AM

    Hi Derek,

    I am so pleased to hear that you made it safe and sound to Africa! That was great news, especially with all the bad weather of late here in the states...I guess when a meteorologist takes a trip, the weather decides it can act up...LOL!

    I will check in to the updates via the phone connection...That's a really neat way to keep us all in the loop...Thanks for the information!

    God Bless you and your team as you begin your exceptional life experience!

    All the Best!
    Bill Pavlov

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:20 AM

    It's actually #231 that works to access the daily updates. I just tried all three, and #231 is the correct one. Hope this helps!

    God Bless!
    Bill Pavlov

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you get the chance.