Previous Posts Found Here

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Visitors Galore :-)














I have been lucky enough to have some very special visitors come to Cape Town and visit me the past few months. Firstly, my sister and brother-in-law and their children (my nephews and nieces), then Bob Deland, and lastly my parents. All of which traveled from the United States to come support me in this far away land. What a wonderful group of people and I thank them for all the great memories and experiences. I know our lives will never be the same after what we've been through.

In the meantime, here are a few pictures of their visit and also a few of my travel pictures with friends.

Just a quick updated...I am heading to Swaziland next week to continue my humanitarian/missions efforts. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated!

Love you all,

Derek Van Dam

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Hey derek,
    First of all the pictures are great thanks for sharing them. Second of all I still can't get over that we both know Father Bob Deland. He is a great guy...Very funny guy as well so the two of you would fit perfect as freinds. Ok now for the final thought. My prayers have always been with you since you left last year to go over there to help those children and my prayers will always be with you whereever life takes you. I am glad that you are getting the chance to go back to see the kids and I am sure they will be happy to see you as well. Be safe over there and continue to smile you just never know who is watching you have so many little ones that look up to you over there. Take care and May God continue to bless you and keep you safe..He blessed you with a kind heart and I am glad that you are putting it to good use. Talk to you soon...

    Jennifer
    Essexville, MI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:51 AM

    Hi Derek

    Am in Cape Town visiting our son before returning to Midland, MI at end of month. Have seen the weather forecast. Excellent and u handle the names well. Also good article in the Cape Times about you. very professional. Go well in swaziland and have a great time. I am sure that you will bring much happiness to the children there. Hope to be able to see you on your return. God Bless.
    Ian, Claremont Cape (Midland MI)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you get the chance.