Previous Posts Found Here

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Garmin and sailing the 2 oceans!

Cape Town as our back-drop.
Planning our route for the evening race.
Looking towards the bow of the boat.

The competition is fierce, but friendly at the end of the day!
My friend Ken Ven and I.

Hi everyone! Some fun updates on my side...Garmin has kindly brought me on board as an ambassador for their products. A couple of exciting things in the pipeline. One being the the new featured voice of their Garmin Navigational devices, and two racing with one of their sailing teams. Below you will find a few pictures of our latest Wednesday night Royal Cape Yacht Club Twilight Series races.

This stuff is in my blood!!! I LOVE SAILING! I dabbled in it on Lake Michigan while living in the United States, but this ocean racing is completely different. There's nothing quite like the howl of the Cape Doctor (Strong/Gale force Southeasterly winds in the Cape) puffing at your sails and having everyone leaning outside the lifelines to balance the 43' boat from heeling over too far! It's all about maximize the speed of the boat! Luckily, WindPower (the name of the 43' Landmark sailboat Skippered by Phil Gutsche of Coca-Cola) and its crew continue to shine in our performance with all first place finishes this Spring Season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you get the chance.