Previous Posts Found Here

Friday, November 16, 2012

Nerves Are Up....

Okay...so its the night before my first marathon of my life! Yikes!~ My nerves are really getting the better of me. I've never ran 42 km's before in my life. I've been Carbo-loading like crazy and I have gotten all the necessary sleep over the past few days. Lets just hope that my nerves don't get the better of me tonight and don't allow me to sleep.

The race starts bright and early! 05h30 start. Phew! Runners are a special breed. They sure do love getting up early in the morning.

Being a weatherman, I've checked all the computer models feverishly...and fortunately, it looks to be a promising day-weather wise. Little wind with comfortable temperatures around 24 degrees Celcius/75 Fahrenheit (for all my American friends out there!). With the race being in the Winelands in November, we are fortunate that the forecast doesn't call for temps in the middle 30's or greater, which is quite normal for this time of year.

Anyhow, all the nerves aside....this is all for the Children & families of Swaziland. I can't wait to fill them in on my accomplishments.

Fortunately, I have a nice 2-week holiday to look forward to the day after my marathon. That may secretly be part of my motivation at the moment too! ;-)

All the best people. I will update when/if I finish! Here's to completing in under 5 hours (this is the time needed to qualify for my 1st Ultra Marathon!)

Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you get the chance.