Previous Posts Found Here

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Running in the depths of winter

I'm no stranger to running in the cold winter months in the USA. This is something that I grew up with. But I am convinced that my blood has thinned since moving to South Africa. What used to be shorts and t-shirt weather for me is now winter-coat, scarf and gloves weather for this American-African (didn't know those existed, did you?? ). 

This trip to the good ol' USA was no different. I have come home to do some work for my company and of course, see my wonderful family. While here, we got hit with a mega-snowstorm. I'm accustom to snow. I mean, I come from a winter-wonderland in Michigan. But this was different. 1/2 meter of snow in 24 hours! Check out these photos:


Trying to keep fit in these conditions is quite the challenge. None-the-less, I managed to lace up my new Adidas adizero Boston shoes and went to explore the town of Madison, Wisconsin. 



Here's my run:



It really was such a treat to experience the snow again. And of course, being a weatherman, I managed to get pretty excited watching all the white stuff pile up on the city streets. 

Anyway, I am looking forward to running in the warmth of Cape Town once again. But of course, I don't want to leave family and friends so I will cherish my time home. Have a blessed Christmas & New Years everyone. Don't forget the real reason for the season, Christ our Saviour. 

Derek


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you get the chance.