Previous Posts Found Here

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Running in "The Mother City"

Look, I know I'm going to get a lot of flack from people reading this post, claiming that Cape Town is the most beautiful place on earth to run. But hear me out.


There is something extremely special about Table Mountain. It's energy, it's orange glow when the morning sun first reaches its peaks, its mezmorizing rock formations, its majestic waterfalls and of course, its seemingly endless running/biking trails. My mornings are not complete until I have stepped foot on this magical mountain (which happens to be the new 7th Natural Wonder of the World). Watching "The Mother City" come alive in the mornings is equivalent to the strongest cup of coffee you've ever tasted at Vida. It's powerful, it makes you aware of your surroundings and most importantly, it prepares you for your day ahead.


I absolutely love Cape Town. But the fact that I get to run in this city everyday, considering people travel from all corners of the world just to visit this place, is simply mind-blowing. My favourite morning run is a 18km thigh-burner that takes me past the old Block House, along Taffelberg Rd and past the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway and back into the city where I live. The views from the top are spectacular and very unique. One that not many people have seen before.

Here's a pic of my morning run on Table Mountain Today.

photo.JPG
Whatever your "Table Mountain run" happens to be...be proud of the place you run in. Make it your own. Consider it special and never take its beauty for granted. South Africa has some immensly beautiful locations. Get out there and make it happen!


#myjourney @adidasZA


Derek Van Dam

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you get the chance.