Previous Posts Found Here

Friday, March 08, 2013

Staring Two Oceans Ultra-Marathon in the Face

3 Marathons down and I'm feeling fit, strong and the healthiest I have ever been in my life. I am running 4-5 times a week and am attempting to have a few 80-90 km weeks under my belt before Two Oceans Ultra Marathon at the end of March and certainly leading up to Comrades this June. 

Sacrifices have been made, but am always happy to do so if it means a healthier body. I must say, having to explain to your friends that you cant join them on a Friday night for a party or "get together" because you have a race at 5 am the next morning...is a little rough. Thankfully, I have understanding friends that keep me motivated and always inquire about how my training is going.

Adidas has allowed me to sample some of their new running technology, namely their Boost Running shoe. It has this "Tech-fit" feature to the material around the top of your foot. Was skeptical at first because its a tighter fit than usual, but I was informed that this was perfectly normal. So, I gave them a go and am seriously impressed. So much that I am considering changing my running shoe leading up to the Two Oceans Ultra. For any seasoned runner, you'll know that changing shoes 3 weeks prior to a big race is simply a BIG deal. So yeah, Adidas Boost shoes are that good.


Lastly, I wanted to share something that I am very proud of. That is, I broke my personal best marathon time by 15 minutes recently! I ran the Cape Peninsula Marathon in 4 hours 8 minutes. Here's to breaking the 4-hour barrier on my next marathon!

Happy running everyone! See you on the Promenade.

DVD


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you get the chance.