Previous Posts Found Here

Tuesday, April 02, 2013

I am an Ultra Marathon Runner!

What a feeling! My Two Oceans Ultra Marathon goal is complete! The nerves were racing the night before as the weather called for very windy conditions. For anyone who knows Cape Town, wind can make or break any outdoor event (including a 56km Ultra marathon). Here's a video of Tara (my girlfriend) and I starting the race together:



I wanted to share a couple of photos with you before, during and after the race:

Starting Line excitement

Part of the "Comrades Crazies" crew

Running up beautiful Champans Peak

Stormy Hout Bay

Very Very Windy! 

Can you see the wind-swept waves on the water?

The Sentinel

Tara finishing her 2nd Two Oceans Ultra Marathon!

I am an Ultra Marathon Runner now! 

Tara happy to be done! 

#HC couple coming through...

Reaching the finish line is a great feeling!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a message if you get the chance.